GET IMMEDIATE HELP IN A CRISIS
• In case of emergency, call 911
• Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 // CALL or TEXT
• National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 or TEXT: 8388255
• National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (en Espanol): 1-888-628-9454
• National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 or text LOVEIS to 22522
• National Alliance on Mental Illness: www.nami.org/help, 1-800-950-6264 or email@example.com
• National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-422-4453 // CALL or TEXT
• National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-4673
• Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Helpline: 1-800-662-4357
• The Eldercare Locator: 1-800-677-1116
• Mental Health America
• Mental Health Treatment Facilities Locator
• Substance Abuse Treatment Facilities Locator
Pittsburgh Grief Resources
TAKE CARE OF YOUR MENTAL HEALTH
Recommendations by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention
Mental health is an important part of your overall health and wellbeing. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It may also affect how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices during an emergency.
People with pre-existing mental health conditions or substance use disorders may be particularly vulnerable in an emergency. Mental health conditions (such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, or schizophrenia) affect a person’s thinking, feeling, mood or behavior in a way that influences their ability to relate to others and function each day. These conditions may be situational (short-term) or long-lasting (chronic). People with preexisting mental health conditions should continue with their treatment and be aware of new or worsening symptoms. If you think you have new or worse symptoms, call your healthcare provider.
Call your healthcare provider if stress gets in the way of your daily activities for several days in a row. Free and confidential resources can also help you or a loved one connect with a skilled, trained counselor in your area.
Find resources available in your community to help you and your family.